Own a part of our vision of the world.
Why did we feel the need to create a new art form?
Simply, because the old way of working did not capture the depth of the emotional experience that has always driven our work. Until you hold an Aura in your hands, it is difficult to visualize just how unique Aura is. Seeing is truly believing. For us, our work has never been about the image. Our work has always been about the emotional experience. Aura is just that – the perfect mix of emotion and visual experience.
Why did we choose the word “Aura” to describe our work?
Well, as a close friend told us when he saw our work, we unlock the mysterious essence of whatever we capture with our cameras.
How is an Aura created?
We call the process by which we create an Aura Ar*tem. Ar*tem is a 21 step process that begins with the creation of an image – whether on film or via a digital format. Ar*tem involves a very specific set of lenses, each of which is more than 50 years old, very specific cameras, and a precise methodology, not just for creating an image, but also for how an image is processed and, ultimately, rendered. Nothing is left to change. To be sure, though Aura start life as a visual image, little to nothing is left of that original image by the time the process is complete. Again, Aura isn’t an image. Aura is an visual emotional experience.
Any image in our portfolio is available in any one of our series:
- Graphite: For the novice or first time collector, these prints are available in matte, semi-gloss, and gloss paper. Graphite are traditional, fine art prints.
- Onyx: For the more experienced collector, these Aura are available on Innova matte and luster papers. Some, a very select few, can be rendered on metallic paper as well. Never more than 50 of an Aura are made. Each Aura is accompanied by a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obsidian: For the serious collector, these Aura are available on Innova matte, luster paper and hand-made papers from Agawami in Japan. Never more than 25 prints of a Aura are made. Each Aura is accompanied by a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Black Opal: Fine art nudes for the serious collector, these Aura are available on Innova matte, luster, metallic semi-gloss and gloss paper and hand-made papers from Agawami in Japan. Never more than 20 Aura of an image are made. Each Aura is accompanied by a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Noir: Created with medium and large format film cameras, these images are painstakingly created through a complex and exacting process. For the experienced collector who appreciates the finest crafted Aura. Noir Aura are limited to editions of 10.