Grauvre Noir are truly unique expressions of our visual and emotional experience of the world. Each Grauvre Noir invites you to share that experience and to bring it into your home, office, or collection.
- Grauvre Noir are created using vintage 6×7 cm and 4×5 large format cameras. Vestiges of the golden years, these images are created using film.
- In addition to our vintage cameras, we also use vintage lenses, some more than 70 years old.
- The process by which film is transformed into a Grauvre Noir is proprietary to The House of NyghtFalcon.
- Each “finish” reflects a moment in the past long lost to modern technology.
- Over a period of days, a Grauvre Noir is painstakingly completed.
From beginning to end, it can take up to 30 days to render a Grauvre Noir. The process of rendering itself requires time, patience, and persistence. Until and unless a rendering meets our exacting standards, it does not leave our studio.
Each Grauvre Noir is signed and numbered. A certificate of authenticity is included. Grauvre Noir are guaranteed for life.